Windows MDM with FileWave is implemented in a hybrid-mode. That is, we can issue MDM commands (such as installing a policy), but also wish to leverage our native FileWave client capabilities.
Our first step in setting up the integration for Windows MDM is to create and publish a customized FileWave client so that our newly MDM enrolled devices will have a functioning FileWave client installed upon enrollment.
Before anything make sure that you have done following steps
- Your FileWave server is running healthy, and backups are being performed.
- You have valid, trusted certificate installed on your FileWave server.
- You have at least saved FileWave preferences once (open preferences in the native admin and save it.)
- This will set important configurations on your FileWave server (shared keys, etc.)
- You have at least updated model once
- This will allow FileWave's internal URIs to be in place.
After you confirmed everything is ok:
Upload fwcld msi package
- Open the native admin and open preferences.
- Go to the Mobile tab and look under the Windows sub-tab.
- Upload your custom client.msi package on that tab as shown below. Create this installer with the Customer Installer Builder.