Fields, destinations, and other actions to take once a devices is brought in
"Actions" is where you can set data for inventory fields, manually assign a DEP profile, and set destinations for the imported devices/copies (aka "clones") after a device has been enrolled.
You would use the import actions listed above typically only when you don't have "automatic" import turned on. These actions are only preformed after everything has been saved.
- Select the action dropdown and choose one of the following:
- Assign Field Value - Allows you to set inventory values fields
- Then select a Device Field (like "Comment")
- Then Select a Value for that field (like "Front Desk Checkin Station")
- (Optional for string/text fields) Select "Replace" (overwrite any value the device currently has), or "Append" (add your text to the end of the value)
- Import/Move to group - Specify the group where the original device will go
- Then select the group you want the original sent to
- Create Copies in Group(s) - Specify where clones/alias/copies of the original will be created
- Then select any groups you want copies created in
- Copy in the same group - Copy your incoming devices to that of an already existing device (i.e. mirror its groups)
- Then select an existing placeholder or device
- Associate DEP Profile - Manually assign a specific DEP profile for this device
- Then select the specific DEP profile
If you need more than one action taken, press "Add Action" and start from 1 again
Assign Field Value can be added many times. The other Actions can only be selected once.
If you select "Import/Move to group" you can't also select "Copy in the Same Group".
Similarly, if you select "Copy in the Same Group" you can't select "Import/Move to group"