As of May 2021 v14.2.2 the below are supported for running Boosters, but for updated information always consult the specific release on the Downloads Page. The FileWave Booster can also be installed on a Virtual Machine.
- macOS 10.14, 10.15
- macOS 11, 12 (Intel and Apple Silicon)
- Windows 10 (1909 and above), 11, Server 2012 R2, Server 2016, Server 2019, Server 2022
- Linux CentOS 7.9 x86_64
The general guidance on CPU / RAM / Network / Storage is:
- CPU: For physical hardware use at least the equivalent of an Intel Core i5 or Apple M1
- CPU: For virtual hardware use at least 2 virtual processors
- RAM: Use a minimum of 8Gb of RAM with 16Gb recommended
- Network: At least 1Gb network connection
- Storage: 1Tb is a recommended minimum, but this will depend highly on OS updates, and Filesets as well as if Windows Imaging is in use leveraging a Booster
Make sure you have enough space on your hard disk to store the cached Filesets for your FileWave Clients. A Booster could conceivably contain a full mirrored set of all Filesets on the main FileWave server.